I will try to make this page a comprehensive list of financial resources – scholarships, grants, fellowships – to help ease the financial burden of international travel and study abroad. As I come across more and more resources, I will continue to add them to this list so check back frequently!
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship If you receive a pell grant, you qualify for the Gilman Scholarship which provides up to $8000 for study abroad.
- Luard Scholarship If you are a student at a UNCF-school (plus Howard U and Hampton), spend your junior year abroad in England fully-funded (including travel expenses!) through this prestigious scholarship sponsored by the English-Speaking Union of the United States.
- IES Abroad HBCU Scholarships
- IES Merit-Based Scholarships for Under-Represented Students
- Institute for International Public Policy A comprehensive 2+ year fellowship through the United Negro College Fund Special Programs that provides opportunities and funding for language study, study abroad, international affairs programs, summer institutes, and graduate degrees. Applicants must be in their sophomore year of undergrad.
- Minority Health and Health Disparities Internatinal Research Training Program Health Sciences-related majors!
- Bard Institute for International Liberal Education Scholarships Approximately $300,000 available annually for need-based scholarships for students participating in Bard ILLE programs in Berlin, Budapest, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, South Africa, and the Westbank.
- Bridging Scholarships: Study Abroad in Japan The US-Japan Bridging Foundation supports these scholarships of up to $5,000 for US undergraduates to study abroad in Japan.